The Georgia State Tax Credit program has been instrumental in helping students receive the education they need and is the biggest funding source of academic scholarships for Chatham Academy students.
You will still have to pay your taxes, but with this program, your tax dollars stay in Savannah to provide academic scholarships for our students.
By contributing the tax dollars you would spend anyway, you help provide financial aid for deserving families who need the specialized education we provide.
- Visit Apogee123.org to submit your contribution by December 15.
- In January, you will receive a letter from the Department of Revenue confirming the amount approved to pay.
- Once the approval notice is received, pay online (or mail a check) to Apogee within 60 days of the date of the letter.
This contribution will not be deducted from your taxes.
You must pay it directly to Apogee who will report the payment to the State of GA.
- Apogee will send the funds to Chatham Academy to be used for academic scholarships for the following 2023 - 2024 school year.
- You will receive a tax-credit the following year that can be submitted when filing your taxes.
- Individual Filer: Maximum of $2,500
- Married Filing Separately: Maximum of $2,500
- Married Filing Jointly: Maximum of $5,000
- Individuals who receive pass-through income can contribute up to $25k
- S-Corps who elect to fund their GA tax liability at the entity level (starting in 2022):
Up to 75% of GA tax liability
- C-Corporation: Up to 75% of GA tax liability
Visit Apogee123.org, and view their FAQ’s - or contact our Director of Development, Guieneverre Cutlip, at email@example.com, or 912-354-4047.
Any amount is greatly appreciated as our families rely on this scholarship fund, and all funds received by Chatham Academy are used only for academic scholarships.
Help us spread the word about this program and let your Georgia family, friends, relatives, neighbors, and your place of business know about this program and encourage them to participate.
Chatham Academy encourages you to discuss this contribution with your tax professional.
If you would like more information about the Education Tax Credit, please fill out the following form.